Friday, July 18, 2008

Samurai Wolf (Kiba okaminosuke) 1 & 2

Only just recently, about 3 months ago, did I start renewing my interest in Japanese Anime, and that was when I recently discovered and viewed a Japanese movie and it's sequel in succession.

The movies were Samurai Wolf (Kiba okaminosuke) 1 & 2 directed by Hideo Gosha, and they just completely blew me away. I could not get enough of them!!! The Furious Wolf was just so charismatic! Dare I compare him to my all time favourite movie character, Han Solo? Yes I would and they would be on equal footing!

The last time I saw a Japanese black and white movie was the Seven Samurai by Akira Kurosawa and that was 5 years ago.

The director of Samurai Wolf, is a contemporary of Akira Kurosawa. I am definitely not a scholar of movie history, but I think their movies probably catered to the trends of their times, solo samurai antiheroes. And if you are a fan of Samurai movies, YOU HAVE JUST GOT TO SEE THESE TWO MOVIES!


Samurai Wolf (Kiba okaminosuke) 1 poster.


Samurai Wolf (Kiba okaminosuke) 2 poster.

Scenes from the first Samurai Wolf


Kiba arrived at the village.


Lady Chise trying to convince Kiba, The Furious Wolf, to help protect her relay station and it's routes.

Scenes from the sequel.










The above fight sequences were beautifully choreographed.


In another scene, Kiba The Furious Wolf, adopting a defensive stance.

After researching on the Internet, I found very little information about Hideo Gosha. But I did find out that he directed a number of very successful ones. I have to go get them... :-)

Here are some information on Hideo Gosha: